1. Recognise that the profitability of factory farming depends on externalising its true costs onto the broader community
2. Ensure the Common Agricultural Policy post 2013 moves European agriculture away from industrial livestock production to sustainable, humane and autonomous forms of animal husbandry
3. Ensure better enforcement and strengthening of the existing EU Directive on the welfare of pigs
4. Introduce mandatory methods of production labelling
5. Introduce a ban on routine prophylactic use of antibiotics
6. Ensure national and EU public bodies only locally or nationally produced high welfare pork.