Larry Hubich's Blog
The supplementary submission makes a compelling argument for increasing the minimum wage, and for ensuring that a system is in place to guarantee that minimum wage earners do not lose ground to inflation (indexing).
Below are some interesting facts about Saskatchewan's current minimum wage.
Minimum Wage Facts
- Roughly 31,000 Saskatchewan people are paid the province’s lowest permissible wage.
- Nearly 40% of low-wage earners in Saskatchewan are between the ages of 25 and 55.
- 78% of low-wage earners in Saskatchewan work in permanent jobs.
- 60% of minimum wage workers are women.
- Increases to the minimum wage are often followed by an increase in employment rates.
You can read the full (12 page) submission by downloading a copy HERE.